Mental illness is a medical condition that disrupts a person’s thinking, feeling, mood, ability to relate to others, and daily functioning. One in five families has a member with a diagnosable mental illness.
The Mental Health Ministry partners with the Diocese of San Diego to offer support for families in the parish that are experiencing mental health challenges. By interfacing with county, local non-profit, and private mental health providers, Catholic families will be introduced to healing professionals and services able to facilitate their healing journeys.
Prayerfully supported by parish lay leaders, and receiving professional care, families strive for wholeness and an end to the stigma that still endures when mental health is challenged.
Please submit your name and email address if you would like to be informed of future meetings held at Saint Gregory the Great church. email@example.com is a public account, not privately used, only to promote educational meetings.
Schedule of Meetings 2022-2023
Meetings are held in the Parish Hall
- November 18, 2022, 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm, Parish Hall
- November 19, 2022, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, Parish Hall
***Meetings are subject to change without notice. Please contact the ministry facilitator for the most current schedule.
- The Diocesan Office of Spirituality and Family Life has a list of available therapists at (858) 490-8299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University of San Diego Tele Mental Health Training Clinic provides graduate-level counselor trainees under the supervision of California licensed counselors. Make an appointment at (619) 260-7670 or email@example.com
- The Disaster Distress Line is 1 (800) 985-5990. Crisis assistance is available for those affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- Text HOME to 741741 to receive crisis counseling through texting, available anytime anywhere.
If you don’t see what you need, please contact our Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org